Hi 2020, Speed Bump Edition


Hey guys!
It's been a while since I hopped onto the blog. Recently I had a friend ask me if I was going to ever write anything again, so, I decided to write again!!

Life since moving here has been absolutely CRAZY! Guys, I have NEVER had so many emotional ups-and-downs in such a short amount of time. Honestly, it hasn't really been a whole ton of hills and valleys as much as it's been a windy and confusing road with a ton of emotional speed bumps.

I feel like every other time that God gives me something to be excited about, some kind of bad news or rough situation hits me right smack-dab in the face! Have you ever felt that way?

Here have been some of my speed bumps recently:

We get here, get a great house, and then I find out that I have to give my dog away. After going through that transition (and being somewhat ok with it), I find out that my dog is moving twenty-plus hours away in a few months. Lots of tears.

I finally get to join theater, and I'm so BEYOND thankful for it, but I soon realize that I'm going to have to miss my best friend's high school graduation because of our show schedule! YIKES!!!

I find out some new that literally brought me to tears I was so excited and surprised... and then I get a text five seconds later that makes me cry all my makeup off. I'm not going to be specific on this one, but trust me, it was awful. It did kinda help that I had youth group an hour later, it kept me from dwelling on it for too long, but the timing was awful.


Guys, if you can't tell, life here in Florida isn't at all glamorous.
Sometimes I feel like when I write I always leave stuff on a happy note. In all honesty guys, sometimes there's not a happy note. I've tried to be as honest with you guys as I can on a public blog, but its been a rough few months. I've been learning lesson after lesson, after lesson, after lesson, and it's been rough. But the main thing I've been learning is to TRUST God in ALL situations!

Even looking over these past few weeks I noticed that even with all the speed bumps, for every single bump God has been there with me the whole time. Whether its a hug from a friend, an encouraging text from someone or the perfect song that came on the radio at just the right time He's been right there.

A few weeks ago I had a full-on breakdown, I was sitting in the car with my mom just crying until I couldn't cry anymore, and this song came on the radio:

                                                                         Why God
                                                                Do we feel so alone?
                                                                    Every single day
                                                            Fighting through the pain
                                                               Hoping there is hope

                                                                  I don't understand
                                                                   But I understand 

                                                                 Why God I need you
                                                        Its why God I run to Your arms
                                                                Over and Over again
                                                       It's why God I cling to Your love
                                                           And hold on for dear life
                                                   And I find You are right by my side
                                                                                                                       
                                                                                                Why God, by Austin French


Guys, I'm still confused. I'm still figuring things out, I'm still trusting, I'm still growing, but that's why I need God so much. He sees the whole picture, he's using all my tears, all my struggles, and all my questions to mold me into the person that he wants me to be.

What is it that God is doing in your life right now? It might not be a speed bump, it might be a full-on valley full of fears, or it might be the most beautiful and perfect hill that you've ever been on. But I just hope that you know that we need Him just as much on the hills as we do in the valleys.

I love you guys! And I pray for each of you all the time! I hope that this blog post wasn't just another easy read, but it made you think, it made you step back for a second and think about where your relationship with God is right now!


Forever your friend,
Savannah


















Comments

Popular Posts