A day during a pandemic


Hey Guys! How are you doing?
These past couple weeks have been a whirlwind for me. I feel like every day we’ve been getting new information, new restrictions, new questions, and not many answers. In short, it’s been nuts.

These past two weeks have taught me a lot already. I wanted to share with you guys some of my thought, and hopefully by the end you’ll feel like you’ve got somebody who feels the exact same way as you do right now!

• People Need People. I’m a pretty social person when I’m out of the house. But,  what most people don’t know is that I do have a pretty introverted side, but it really only shows when I’m inside the house, confined to the comfort of my room, or sitting on my porch reading. And as much as I LOVE my alone time... I also need other people. People to encourage me, people to text me and just say hi, people to run up to me and give me hugs like they haven’t seen me in years (my friends of course, not strangers... that’s insanely creepy), and people to tell me they miss me.

I’m sure that even the most introverted of introverts needs somebody sometime. It might be rarely, but they still need somebody. Over these past few days I’ve texted and FaceTimes more then I have in forever, I’ve spent extra time with my little brother Joshua playing with Legos, and I’ve spent lots of time sitting and talking with my mom. Guys, don’t let this time of quarantine be an excuse to be anti-social! STAY IN YOUR HOUSE, but take five minutes to call someone you haven’t talked to in a while, or text a friend and ask them how they’re doing! It’ll make a huge difference!


•Netflix is Not Our Savior. I love movies! I love binge watching my favorite shows. And I love watching YouTube, but please use at least one hour a day this week/weekend to do something productive! Use this time to your advantage, clean that closet you’ve been wanting to clean forever, send a letter or two to bless somebody else (It will make their entire day), bake something just for the fun of it, or grab your favorite book off the shelf and read it for the tenth time.
Netflix and Disney + are great, enjoy them, have a movie night or two with your family, but don’t look back on this time stuck in the house as say, “I literally did nothing”! You might be frustrated with yourself later!


• We Still Need Jesus. Ok guys, to be completely honest, this whole church online thing is so weird to me. I’m beyond thankful for it, but it’s so foreign to me that I have a hard time connecting to the tv like I would to physically being inside of a church. So, yes, watch your online church service, but, do something extra as YOUR Jesus time. For me, it was playing my piano and singing worship songs for a while, maybe for you it’s reading you bible for a while, or going for a prayer walk. Use this time to grow in your faith, to rely on God more then you ever have, and you might be surprised at where your faith will take you.


Guys, I understand that this virus had shaken us all up a little. Or a lot. I’ll have another post sometime soon about the more emotional side of everything. Trust me, I’ve had lots of thoughts on this whole thing. But in the mean time, pray a little extra, thank God that he still has a plan for EVERY SINGLE ONE OF US, even when we can’t see the end result!

I love you guys, and I’m constantly praying for you!
Until the next time, your friend,
Savannah






Comments

  1. Hey Savannah! This hit me hard even after a year of posting! I'd say that recently I have been keeping things from my peeps and I have focused more on the negative of my situation instead of the positives. I know that I need to connect with my brothers and family more as you have but haven't figured out how to! Guess I should ask Jesus?! 🤣

    Also thanks for the awesome content! Your posts have refreshed me, so you are a blessing! Good luck with SEU later this year! Love, your friend, Thomas Crawford

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts