Things I'm Thankful for - Cairn Brae Edition

Hello Dear Friends!! I hope that you're all doing fantastic and that you're having an amazing August! We were getting so good at being constant with blogging - then I left for camp and quite literally had service for accumulatively an hour a day. So, needless to say, I got a little behind on blogging - but now that I'm home for a bit, I hope to get back into the groove of it! (Let's see how this goes :)

I can't believe it's been almost two weeks since I left Cairn Brae, in Scotland. There is quite literally no way, but as I'm returning to life in Tampa I wanted to take a few minutes to look back on some of my favorite things about camp - some of the things that I'm most thankful for!

So here are things I'm thankful for: Cairn Brae Edition!

. I'm thankful for our tiny cabin that held eleven girls for two and a half weeks! We all got really good at sharing two bathrooms, creating a shower schedule, and giving each other grace for being in each other's faces. But the things that I loved the most were our late-night chats before going to bed. I loved hearing people pray over each other, challenge each other, and be there for each other through really challenging moments. 

. I'm thankful for loch walks - even when they're late at night, and I swear that some huge animal is going to jump out and eat us. 

. I'm thankful for Chittick and the Band! Andy, Ben, Jack, and Reuben were quite literally the best band that anyone could ask for, and I couldn't have had a better time. Never did I think that I'd go to camp and be singing Taylor Swift and Katy Perry on the weekly, but it made for some moments that I'll never forget. 

. I'm thankful for tomato soup and toasties!

. I'm thankful for campers that I will forever hold dear to my heart. Sometimes, there are just campers that you connect with immediately. I like to think that God puts them in our lives so we can pray for them a bit extra or be there for them if they need us. There were three students in particular, all from different camp sessions, who I got to love and get to know a bit better.r Truly, the ways that God changed their lives, even just in those few days they were with us, is something I thank God for every day.

. I'm thankful for the most chaotic meals - breakfast and dinner are always entertaining, and some moments were had that I'll never forget. 

. I'm thankful for still moments on top of the coffee hatch. The breeze on my face, a book and a coffee in hand, with friends coming up to chat when their work shift ends.

. I'm thankful for beautiful and massive (and terrifying) highland cows!

. I'm thankful for late-night cereal runs! (GIRL DINNER)

. I'm thankful for the 10:10 prayers! Every night at 10:10, no matter where we were or who we were with, we'd all stop to pray for the leaders and campers at camp - and there is just something so special about unity in prayer. 

. I'm thankful for RAINY days! The kind of rain that soaks you to the bone - because while it makes for a lot of laundry, it also makes for some pretty picturesque moments. 

. I'm thankful for late-night walkie-talkie chats!

. And I'm thankful for how God moved while we were at camp!


You can bet that this isn't this year's only Cairn Brae blog post; there will at least be one (maybe two more). But I wanted to share just a snippet of the things that God did, and some of the things that I'm thankful for before I dive into the long and sappy camp post that's to come!


What is something you're thankful for today?

Love you guys,  Sav

Comments

Popular Posts