The Past two Years


My last night before I officially begin my Junior year of Highschool... Because I'm homeschooled my morning will start off the same as it has all summer, but I still feel super excited about it!

My third year of being in Highschool... It's kind of intimidating. Kind of scary. But it's an adventure that I'm ready to embark on! (I think)

Hundreds of memories from my Freshman and Sophomore years are flying around in my mind right now. Some happy, some sad. Some long days of writing papers and doing Rosetta Stone. And some insanely exciting field trips and adventures that my family has been able to experience since we lived in Stuttgart for two years.
All of my favorite memories involve my amazing friends that I met through co-op and chapel on base. And my family who I went on a countless European adventure with!
Some of those memories involve things like going ice skating and me getting a concussion. Texting a friend about how much we can't stand doing our Rosetta Stone homework. Ballroom and swing dancing. Countless game nights of laughing and playing cards. And multiple trips to the ropes course in the town that I lived in.

Along with all the fun and crazy memories I have, I also have a hundred or so lessons I learned. Not all of which are school-related.

I learned that Math is literally the worst! Algebra... Ugh! I have no words do describe my relationship with the subject! Except that I am 100% sure that if I go to college I'm not getting a degree that has anything to do with math.

I learned about how useful it can be to speak another language. Especially one that you use every day. Although I really don't care for Rosetta Stone, I'm very thankful that I was able to study German while I lived there! But please don't ask me to speak it, my accent is atrocious!

I learned (the hard way) that some friendships just don't work out. And sometimes you have to do the hard thing and completely sever ties with people. It's insanely hard. But it also makes you 100x more thankful when you find true friends who love and care about you.

I also learned that you don't have to go to a third world country to be a missionary. People who live right next to you need Jesus just as much as people oceans away. I first hand saw God change the hearts and lives of people my age all over Stuttgart. People who I didn't think would ever except Christ came to know him as their savior. And let me tell you... It's the most unexplainably amazing thing you'll ever see or do when you lead someone to Jesus.

Ultimately, most of the lessons I learned during these past two years I didn't get from my school books, or any class I could have taken. They came from the day to day lessons and experiences that came with being a teenage military kid. They came from learning things the hard way. And they came from sometimes just listening to others about lessons they've learned and experienced in their lives.

So.. I'm not just excited because I get to study Advance Biology this year (although I am insanely excited about that), but I'm excited for all the experiences and lessons that come with being a teenager and a high school student. The good and the bad.

Here's what I hope you take away from this.
Listen. Pay attention. Get to know people and learn from others. Sometimes you'll learn the most just by sitting and talking to people.

Until the next time... Bye guys! Talk to you soon!

~ Savannah


Comments

Popular Posts