Taking The Wheel


I know that it's been a while since I wrote my blog post about my Learner's Permit test, so I wanted to give you guys a bit of an update!

As of July 26th, yes its been a little while, yours truly has gotten her very own Florida Learner's Permit!!!

After going back and taking the test again (this was my third time taking it) I finally passed it!

But, man, I thought that passing the test was the stressful part. I soon learned that the test was the easy part, and the driving is the hard part.

So far I have gotten in multiple hours of driving. I've gone to the commissary, Publix, Target, my piano teacher's house, and the chapel on base! I'm feeling pretty confidant and excited. And I'm so thankful to have two great drivers to learn from. But I wanted to write a blog post to tell you guys a few of the funny stories that I already have from driving...

So, the first time that my dad took me driving was about a week after I got my permit and I couldn't wait to get behind the wheel!!! We got in my dad's truck (which is a lot scarier to drive then the mini van) and we headed to the marina on base. We drove there, and then my dad took me on some back roads that they use for training and such.

First off, I feel like my dad's truck takes up the entire lane and then some. And it was also my first time ever driving it so I was pretty nervous! While I was driving on a 'basically' deserted road my dad suddenly screams "AAHHHHH" as loud as he can, scaring me half to death! I didn't drive into a ditch or anything but I was pretty shaken up.
I looked over at my dad to make sure he was ok (don't worry I only did it for a second, never take you eyes off the road kids), he simply looked at me and said "I just wanted to make sure you're ready for anything!" Thanks dad for the little freak out! So now I'm ready for anything... ?


My second story has to do with my siblings (who are my worst critics when it comes to driving) I love them so much, but for some reason they assume that I'm the worst driver ever and that every time I turn were going to crash into something!

A few weeks ago I was driving to youth group, me, my mom, Alisa, and Levi. The chapel is only about a mile away but we were bringing food that night so we decided to take the van. Most of the roads on base have a speed limit of 35 or under, but the particular road we were on had a 15mph speed limit. As I'm driving I hear Levi say, "Why are you driving so slow, there's no one else on the road? You drive like an old person!" Needless to say I am a very safe driver. Even if that means that I drive as slow as an old person! :)

So, driving has been a bit of an adventure. It's been scary, but it's been a lot of fun!

Thanks for reading my little update, I hope you enjoyed my crazy stories! Drive safe guys!!!

Your friend,
Savannah



Comments

Popular Posts