Things I’m Thankful For: April 2020


Hey Guys, It’s Sav!! How are you doing?
Today, for me, has been another one of those super frustrating days. I’m just itching to get out! And not just out of the house, but I really want to go to Target or Starbucks, or just be able to give a friend a hug in person instead of just telling them how much I miss them over FaceTime. Do you guys feel that same way?
I also realized that today I was suppose to be driving to see my grandparents in Texas, but because of the stay at home order that’s not really an option.

As frustrated and disappointed as I am, the thing that helps me get the most perspective is making a list of things I’m thankful for. God constantly reminds me that things could be so much worse. I could be like Corrie Ten Boom, living with soldiers roaming my streets to keep me inside my house. I could be living like Anne Frank, having to hide in a Secret Annex for over 700 days.  So, here’s my thankful list, as of April 14th, 2020:

• I’m thankful for the option to FaceTime friends whenever I want to. If I were living even just fifty years ago, I wouldn’t be able to use an iPhone to talk to anyone! I’d just have to wait until this whole thing was over to see their faces again.

• I’m thankful for walks by the ocean. The other night me and Alisa just walked to the ocean (our house is basically a three minute walk to the water), sat on the rocks, and listened to music for a while. Sometimes you just to to take a deep breath and let the weight of the world roll off your shoulders.

• I’m thankful for the fact that even though Easter was different this year, God is still in control. One of the things I’ve been struggling with is asking God when this whole thing is going to be over! When will friends be able to move back to the states, when will we be able to visit our family that’s far away, when will church because a normal thing again? He still hasn’t answered :) But, I know that he has a PERFECT plan, and he’s still holding the entire world together in His hands.

•I’m thankful for letters!  I’ve sent and received so many letters these past few weeks, and I’ve been loving it!!! It’s been so cool getting to know everyone better through writing. Hearing about what everyone has been doing to stay busy around the house, about how school has been going, and knowing that someone takes the time out of their day to write you is such a cool feeling!

•I’m thankful for workout videos on YouTube! Me and Alisa have been working out together since this thing started, and we’ve found some of the coolest workout videos to follow! My favorite one is a hip hop class, but it’s cardio! It’s a ton of fun!! (Don’t make fun of me until you’ve tried it)

• I’m thankful for amazing books to read! I’ve read three novels this month!!! I’ve been on reading overload, but it’s been a ton of fun too! They’ve all been Christian historical fiction, two about the time of the Israelites living in the wilderness with Moses, (The series is called Out Of Egypt, I HIGHLY recommend it to older teenage girls) and the second novel was called “Fire By Night” and it was all about being a nurse during the Civil War. It was INCREDIBLE!! I also highly recommend it to older people. It’s for sure not a light read, the Civil War was a very evil and bloody time in our country, but some of the valor and loyalty that I read about in this book literally blew me away!



Anyhoo!! I think that’s it’s for now! I hope that you guys take a few minutes to write out a few things that you guys are thankful for today!!

Praying for all of you guys!
I’ll talk to you soon! Your friend, Savannah


Comments

Popular Posts