A Glimpse Into My Journal


Hey Guys! How have you  been doing? Are y’all finding plenty to do around the house?

Me, I’ve been journaling a lot, on top on all the letter writing I’ve been doing. My journals are my safe place, they’re the places that I pour my heart out, and yesterday night was one of those nights. I’ve never copied out a journal entry to put anywhere public, but I decided that I’m going to.

Here is one of the most honest, most emotional, and most raw entries I’ve ever written. I think that this is the closest I’ll ever get to being a poet. So, here’s a glimpse into my journal:

April. 5th. 2020

“It amazes me how fast an entire year can fly bye. And what is equally amazing, is how a place, full of people who speak a different language then you, can feel like home.
As I reflect on the things I was doing at this same time last year, I can’t help but laugh, my heart shattering at the same time.

I remember at this same day last year I was in France. Taking in the breathtaking beauty, loving the rainy-weathered walks, and soaking in a culture that I so dearly enjoy being a part of.

I remember sitting next to the most handsome boy in the world in the Panzer food court. I miss looking to see if he was looking at me. I miss hearing him laugh, and seeing him smile. I miss the feeling of being missed by him whenever  we’d say good-bye, knowing that we’d probably see each-other tomorrow.

I miss waking up in one of the most beautiful countries God has ever made. I miss walks with my amazing puppy through corn fields, watching his head pop up through the grass.

Heck... I miss Stuttgart traffic.
I miss my little church, with our own pew right behind my favorite family. I miss seeing Anna and Cora running around the church the second that service is over.
•••

These are just a few of the many things I miss with all my heart.
These are the things that I think I’ll miss until my very last day here on earth. Oh, what I would do just to go back and re-live just one of those sweet moments. And although I know that we had trials, nothing over there was perfect, with every memory I have a hard time finding anything wrong.

Now, I’m thankful for my family. For the people that love me.

But tonight, I’m especially missing, the boy, the puppy, and the country that I love so dearly.”

~ Savannah

   



Comments

Popular Posts