Crazy for You

 Hey Guys!!! A few of you know that since I was little I've loved theater, the music, the dancing, the memorizing scenes and getting to preform them... but as much as I love theater I wasn't able to be part of a musical theater school until my junior year of High School.

I found my school, DeArmon C.A.S.T, online while I was still living in Germany. "They love Jesus and theater, they must be my kind of people", I thought to myself! So as soon as I moved back to Tampa in 2019 I joined!! My first semester I was a part of Show Choir, not the greatest experience of my life, but I did learn a lot in those few months. In January I was finally able to join High School theater and start reversing for our spring performance: Crazy for You!

I fell in love with the show right away, its a Gershwin romantic-comedy revolving around cowboys, saving a small town theater, and falling in love! Right up my alley! I was casted as a "New York Showgirl", meaning I wore super feathery and sparkly costumes, tap danced the entire time I was on stage, and got to wear fake eyelashes for the first time! Oh boy!!!

Thanks to 2020 drama the show as put on hold until November 7th when we were finally ready to preform at Ruth Eckard Hall in Clearwater, FL! This venue is gigantic, gorgeous, and full of history! The auditorium is 1,280 seats, the dressing rooms were two stories, and guys... the stage was beautiful. Along the backstage hallways were autographed pictures of stars who had sang on the same stage before we did... people like: Trisha Yearwood, Selena Gomez, The Beatles, Kelly Clarkson, and Carol Burnett to name a few! It was an unforgettable experience!


We only got to do two shows, but after almost eleven months of rehearsing we were all ready to be on stage again! But honestly, after wearing my heeled tap-shoes for eleven hours straight, I don't think that my feet would have taken any more shows then we did! :)

The cast that I got to do the show with was incredibly talented, Mrs DeArmon our director did an incredible job teaching us (and giving us grace when we were going a little crazy), Miss Teil our dance teacher and choreographer did the original show real justice, and our music teachers Mrs Mary and Johnny made us sound just as good as any Broadway cast!!! I was so beyond thankful for the friends that got to come see it, and the memories that were made... its a few days that I'll always treasure and NEVER forget!!!


And one more thing... we have our next show in the spring... so keep an eye out, you wont want to miss it!!

Your Friend, Sav



Comments

Popular Posts