SEU at Grace Family Church!



Hey Everybody!!! What's up?

It's been forever! But hey, it's not too late to continue my tradition of one blog post every week during November! Plus, I've missed chatting with you guys on here! On top of all the school work, letters I've been sending out, training for a new job, and a million other things I've been up to... blogging is for sure a favorite when I find the time to do it!

So, what have I been up to? College!! I only have five more weeks of the semester before Christmas break, and I can't believe how fast it's flown by. It feels like yesterday was my first day, and now it's almost December! Is it just me, or has this year flown by faster than any other? (I'm pretty sure I say that every year, but apparently, it gets worse the older you are!)

My first semester has been both a challenge and a blast. I go to a satellite campus through Southeastern University; it's on the small side, the classes have about 20 students in each, but I absolutely love it. The fact that I've been able to go to school with a group of people who I already loved before I started going was such a blessing. The classes have been excellent, not too challenging, just time-consuming. My favorite class so far has to be the Old Testament survey; learning about the Bible is something that will always excite me! And something that blows my mind about the Bible is that no matter how much I think I know, there are always a thousand more things to learn. Our God is really cool that way!

A few highlights of going to SEU have been; EXPLO! Out pre-school-starting retreat! It was such a great time just to disconnect from the world, dive into God's word, connect with the other students, and have an absolute blast! Another highlight has been going to my very first COLLEGE FOOTBALL GAME!!! Coming from a family who really loved football, I'm surprised that I've never been to a game before now! It was the homecoming game, and so we all loaded up in two busses and headed to Lakeland to spend the evening! We all got dinner on the go and then headed to find our seats and watch the game together! While we all did enjoy watching the game, and we did win, I honestly think the best part was just getting to spend time together! Life is crazy, and even when you're with specific people multiple times a week, it's different when you can just let loose and have fun together!


Don't get me wrong, going to a small Christian school has its challenges. Not everyone is the kindest, drama happens, but when it comes down to it, we all just want to love others, serve Jesus, and pass our classes! :)

I'm sure that as time goes on, there will be a lot more to learn in college than just what my classes will teach me. With new friendships on the horizon, mission trips in the works, and Christmas on the way, I'm just excited to see what happens next!

Comments

Popular Posts