Things I'm Thankful For: November 2021

 What is up guys?! I hope that you are having a fantastic week so far; mine has been a little odd. A lot of both physically and emotionally draining stuff has happened. But it's moments like these that you just have to put on some perfect music and write out some of the things that you're thankful for.

Honestly, I know that we're coming up on Thanksgiving, so we've all been pondering things we're thankful for. But something that I've always tried to do (almost daily) is speaking out loud the things that I'm thankful for. It completely changes how you see things, even just to point out the simple things in life. So, here are the things that I'm currently thankful for;

  • I'm thankful for movie nights with Alisa! Guy's, we have watched some AMAZING and some not-amazing movies recently! The amazing ones have been DUNE, Confessions of a Shopaholic, McFarland USA, and Dear Evan Hanson!!! The not-so-amazing one was OLD, do not watch it!!! It isn't worth it!!
  • I'm thankful for friends who give me hugs the second I walk into school! I am for sure someone whose love language is physical touch! (Well, also acts of service... and I don't know what handwritten letters and notes count as. But those too) And so when a friend sees me and immediately gets excited to see me, it means the world!
  • I'm thankful for conversations with Cora when I get home every day!
  • I'm thankful for Grammarly! Guy's, my school pays for Grammarly premium... and it has changed my life forever!!! I don't think that I'd be able to be getting good grades in English Comp 1 without it!
  • I'm thankful for reconnecting with old friends! I have a friend, actually, the friend who taught me how to play basketball in his driveway, that I reconnected with via Instagram! Alisa and I were going on down a rabbit hole at 11:00 at night trying to find old friends, and we just happened to find one that we had been searching for, for a while! It was so cool!
  • I'm thankful for United students who frustrate me, challenge me, blow my mind, and make me more like Jesus! Being the leader of the Uth crew has been one of the most amazing things I've ever done. Getting to pour into the students around me, like I was poured into all of the middle school and high school, is something that I hope to never take for granted. And getting to lead a 6th-grade girl's small group has for sure been a challenge and a highlight of my semester!
  • I'm thankful for coffee that I can make at home for FREE!
  • I'm thankful for godly older women and married couples to look up to! As someone who can't wait for marriage, seeing God bless other people's love stories has been one of the most amazing things to watch recently!
  • I'm thankful for a car to drive around and money to buy gas!
  • And, lastly, I'm thankful for bedtime prayers with the whole family! Even when I have someone's feet in my face, or when someone is making me laugh while we're trying to pray... or even when I'm beyond tired and just want to go to bed... after years of having my dad traveling for work, it's just the biggest blessing to have everyone home!
Well, that is it for now! And I know that it's a lot, so if you've made it this far... either comment or text me something that you're thankful for!

I love you guys, and I'll talk to you later! Sav :)

Comments

Popular Posts