Trusting God with the Details - Headed to Hungary

The news is out! I'm headed to Hungary this fall!!! O my lanta, I was looking at flights today and I was like, "there is no way that this is actually happening!" 

It was near the end of the school year this year that I was beginning to get overwhelmed about what I was going to be doing this fall. And not overwhelmed with plans, but rather overwhelmed with not having any. (Goofy, I know) It was at the beginning of this year that I felt like the Lord was telling me that this year was going to look very different. That my friend groups were going to change, that I was going to have to let go of some things, and that I wasn't going to be in the same places at the end of the year that I was then. 

And that was SCARY! Exciting, but scary.

I am someone who loves to know the plan, but sometimes God pulls an Abraham and says "I am sending you to the land I will eventually show you!" I was sitting on the couch with my mom, and in her wisdom she goes - "Savannah, first just focus on the now. Take it one day at a time, otherwise you're going to get overwhelmed. But also, God has had all the plans made since the beginning, just trust Him. And I really think that this summer God is going to show you what he has planned for you."

Hungary wasn't even on my radar. I knew of ICBS (International Christian School Budapest) since my mom has a good friend working there, but I didn't think I'd be heading there anytime soon. Praise the Lord, God had already worked out the details. 

When my mom was in high school she went to Hungary twice on mission trips, she made a good friend named Szilvi, and they've stayed in touch all these years. I met Mrs. Szilvi when we were living in Germany the first time, but I didn't know her super well before she came to visit this April. After spending some time with her this year, and hearing her speak so highly of Hungary and the school, I was very intrigued - so I started praying about it. 

I prayed about it all of April, and I didn't feel like I had a super clear answer from God. But, it was on my mission trip to Germany that God challenged me - through our leader Lyndsey. She challenged all of us by asking, "what is that thing that God might be calling you to? Because yes, sometimes He gives us an audible answer, and sometimes you just have to take a leap of faith trusting that you're in His will."

BAM! That hit me right in the face. First of all, I am someone who can tend to wait too long for something because I want someone to confirm it before I take a leap of faith. When sometimes, the faith part comes in not just in the waiting - but also in taking a step toward God's will... during the waiting. 

Psalm 116:1-2,9 says, "I love the Lord because he hears my voice and my prayer for mercy. Because he bends down to listen, I will pray as long as I have breath... and so I walk in the Lord's presence as I live here on earth." For me, walking in his presence and trusting that He hears my prayers was taking the next step - that was applying to ICSB.

Just about a month later, I got the official GO to head over there this fall. While I have no idea what plan God has for me while I'm there, while it will be a challenge since it's the longest I've ever been on a trip, and while Hungarian is a HARD language, I am walking faith trusting God with the details. 


In what area do you need to trust God with the details today? In what areas do you need to step out in faith and say, "God, I am taking a step towards your will, trusting that if it's your will the door will be opened?" Because trust me, our God is in control. He's in control of our time, our money, our friendships, and our plans. He holds the door open or slams it shut - lovingly - for our good and His glory.

Trust him today, keep your hands open, and know that He is working out all the details.

Love you guys - Sav


Comments

Popular Posts