wait... it's June already?



Hey Friend! Happy June 23rd!!! O my lanta, it's hard to believe that we're already halfway through this year (I feel like I start every blog post this way). But boy, 2023 has been a full one!!! There are so many things to share, stories to tell, and things to catch up on - but for now, I want to share a bit of a highlight reel of what this year has looked like!

JANUARY - The year started off really well with a lot of exciting things! I celebrated Lexi's graduation and birthday (and Christmas) by seeing Hamilton at the STRAZ. Being able to see this fantastic show in person was the coolest thing! On top of that, there was a lot of Chaple Nights prep that happened; it was fun getting to have a hand in brainstorming and creating a young adults event. Everything from merch, promo videos, and he night of the event - God was so present and faithful in all of it.


FEBRUARY - The second month of this year was a FULL ONE! From the Beautiful Conference, to SEU Conference, to Chapel Nights, you could say that it was a month full of hearing a lot of wisdom from a lot different speakers. Without a doubt, a highlight was getting to meet Irene Rollins - guys, if you don't know who she is, PLEASE listen to her story on Instagram or YouTube. She is one of the most authentic people I've ever met, not to mention an incredible wife and mom. I aspire to love and inspire people like she does, and I can't wait to see what God continues to do through her and her ministry. 



MARCH - March was another month full of AWESOME moments and important events. My mom and I got to see Broadway's WICKED for the first time!!! Guys, this was one of the shows that made me fall in love with theater, and seeing it in person was an emotional experience. The overture started, and I immediately started bawling. 

Cora had her first CAST show; she was one of the lead dancers in the song "Mary Has A Little Lamb" - I was so proud as a sister to see her shine and watch the rest of the elementary students put on a fantastic show!

And lastly, I GOT TO SEE JOSHUA BASSETT!!! I have been the biggest fan of his since his first song came out, so to drive to Charlotte to see him live was such a core memory, and I will be seeing him at every chance I get!



APRIL - This month, we took a family (and Isaac, our close family friend) road trip to see the Ark Encounter and the Creation Museum. It was such an educational and fun experience; they really do make the Bible come to life. After two days in Kentucky, we all drove up to Notre Dame College to watch Isaac and his team play in the National Broomball Tournament! They didn't win first place but were in the top five and played so well. It was such a fun time, and it was nice to be able to tour the beautiful college between games. 



MAY - May was another full one! At this point, the moral of the story is that this year has been a lot. But in the best way!! On May 1st, I turned 20! I don't even know how that's possible, but at the same time, I feel as though I've been 20 for years and years. I celebrated my birthday by spending the day at Disney with Kylie, spending time with my family, and going on a date with my mom!

Four days after my birthday, SEU left for our mission trip to Germany! That will be another post that I'll be sharing in the next few days, and a long one - but needless to say, it was such an amazing trip, and we all learned SO MUCH!


JUNE - And now we're in June. Some highlights are my friends Sarah and Christan getting engaged, nannying a ton, and going on a girl's trip to Boston with my mom and sisters!! (That will also be another post) 


WHEW! Well, I'm glad I've caught you guys up - and trust me, now that I have a new laptop, you'll be hearing a lot more from me! But until next time, "God made you special, and he loves you very much!!" (Like I said, I've been nannying a lot, and the 1-year-old I hang out with has a thing for Veggie Tales) :)

Love you guys - Sav

Comments

Popular Posts