Summer Camp 2017 (Part 1)



 Ever since I have been in sixth grade I have been blessed to be able to go to summer camp with my church Bell Shoals!
                                             The theme of this year was "Have It All"!


I was so excited to go to my third year of camp as an eight grader, but I had no idea how much camp was actually going to mean to me this year!


First you are assigned to a team, and I believe that I gas given the best team that I could have been given! I was (obviously) on the green team, one of the seventh and eighth grade teams and this year we kicked some royal behind. Although we did get second in overall competition.

I am getting a little ahead of myself lets begin with what I learned:
Day 1 ~ Start with: God
In our first session of seven we were talking about all of God's traits, who is He to us, and are we really letting God be in complete control of our life? 
I really had to pray about this one, a lot of the time we want to fully be in control of our life, we want to be in charge of our family, friends, school, our future careers and all around everything that is in our lives.

One of the quotes that stuck out to me is something that our pastor Matt Hill told us, "Because God has it all and made it all, He has authority over all. Because He has authority over all, He can ask me to give Him my all."

I cant even begin to compare anything I have done in my life to the things that He has done for me, and so I fully believe that if I give everything that I have to Him my life will be in way better hands then my own.


All of the years that I have gone to camp I have been so blessed to have made the best friends that I could have ever asked for! My favorite memories are of the crazy things that we do, such as stay up till 1:00 in the morning talking just talking, or walking around camp at midnight telling scary stories until we all get freaked out and sprint all the way to our dorms!

Day 2~ Deny yourself

Their is no way that you can give God everything if you are still trying to live for yourself, we must deny ourselves and allow Him to take the lead
Ask yourself two questions:

1:Are you willing to give your everything for Christ?
Are you ready to actually give him the reins and trust Him with your life, I know that is something that I am still working on.

2: What is your Cross?
What is your burden that you need to give to God?
What is the thing that is holding you  back from Him, and is it really worth holding on to when looking towards eternity?

"You cant give your all to God if you are full of yourself."

Before every game we all came around, put our hands and the middle, did our team "Betty Crocker chant, then prayed as a team!
Why our team mascot was Betty Crocker I have not the slightest clue, we are just weirdos I guess!

Day 3~ Do what you know!

We cant be Disciples of Christ if we sit in our room all day doing nothing, we need to actually use what we know of the Bible. Meaning be kind to one another, Love one another, treat other as God wants us to treat them, and act according to the Bible.
Most importantly, go out and tell others about Christ and listen to what God is telling you through His words!

The question is, what is God calling you to do right now?
For me, God was telling me that I need to go to Germany!

Look at your life, what would it look like it you actually did what you know about the Bible?


Ponder these thing and take them to heart who knows what God is trying to do in your life right now?

"God you can have ALL of me, God I want ALL of you."

With Love ~ Savannah









Comments

Popular Posts