Things I'm Thankful For: June 2020


Hey Everybody!!! Its been a while, and it feels so good to finally be back to blogging. And although I haven't been swamped with appointments, I still feel like life has been full and busy and will continue to get busier as things begin to open up again! (Well, hopefully)

My last post was also a thankful post, but I feel like with everything going on a little extra positivity never hurt anybody. So, here are the things that I'm thankful for as of June 28th, 2020!


. I'm thankful for church opening up this morning! Guys, my church has become such a happy place for me since moving here (over a year ago). The people that I've gotten to know now feel more like family then just fellow churchgoers and friends. I'm so thankful to have had them theses past few months to encourage me and text me even when we can't be together in a building. But, there is something special about being able to come together as a body of Christ in our church building. And although church this morning wasn't "Normal", nor do I think that it will be so for a while, it was still a huge blessing to all be together again.

• I’m thankful for thrift stores! These past few weeks I've majorly gotten into thrift shopping, I guess you could say its one of my current obsessions. Also, I got a record player for my birthday this past May and you could say that vinyl is also a major favorite right now. The first vinyl that I was given was "Anastasia: the Broadway musical", for those who don't know... Anastasia is my ALL TIME favorite Broadway musical. I had the pleasure of seeing it in Germany with my mom and it blew me away!
Anyhoo... my vinyl collection has gone from 1 to 13 in just about a month! I guess you could say that I'm learning yet again that saving money can come in handy when you actually want to spend some. But thrift stores really come in handy when the records are less than a dollar!! Yes!!!

• I’m thankful for homemade Ice Coffee! Starbucks wants an arm and a leg for coffee, so I learned how to make my favorite drink at home and I'm loving it!!

• I'm thankful for hard conversations with my family. If you have social media, a computer, or a phone (which I'm assuming you do if you're reading this) then I'm sure you've noticed that the world is struggling. There's a lot of fear, anger, confusion, and sadness all over the world, and that has brought forth a lot of hard discussions with me and family. But, I'm so thankful that we've been able to talk about lots of world issues in the safety of our house so that we know what we believe and why when we go out into the world.

• I'm thankful for smiles! I can't stress enough how much I hate masks. They serve a purpose, but I miss being able to see people smile at each other when we walk into buildings, go shopping, or even just drive past each other! (It baffles me at how many people I've seen driving in their cars with masks) But, all of this has made me even more thankful for the smiles that I do get to see here and there. While living overseas I really learned about the value of a smile and a wave. Even if you don't speak the same language smiles can speak a thousand words, and I'm so thankful to be able to smile at a few people here and there! Especially my neighbors and friends!

• I'm thankful for being able to celebrate my Great Grandma's 92nd birthday with her!! I can't remember the last time that I was with her for a birthday, but since she moved closer this year I was able to spend the day celebrating her and listening to her give wisdom to us "young people!"


Well, these are just a few things that I'm thankful for today! But I'm also thankful for you guys, I've almost had 2,000 reads of my blog and I'm so beyond thankful to have had all you read what I'm writing!!
So, until next time,

Your friend, Savannah





Comments

Popular Posts