A Little Bit About Me - 2023

Hey Friends! Happy almost February; I can't even begin to comprehend the fact that January is coming to a close. But as I looked back at some of my older blog posts, I realized that it had been a while since I had done a get-to-know-me. And I have quite a few new readers, so I thought, "hey, I think it's time for a formal introduction!"


. My name is Savannah, spelled the same way as the city. But my friends call me Sav, Savvy, Savage on rare occasions, or Rose (my middle name) if you know me SUPER well. 

. I turn 20 in May!!! WHAT??? I can't believe it!

. I have four younger siblings; I'm the oldest in the bunch! We're quite the team, and while we get on each other's nerves just like any other siblings - I couldn't be more thankful to have them to go on adventures with. 

. I grew up moving around all the time as a military kid. I've lived in over 10 houses, traveled all over the world, lived in Germany for five years, and can speak a little bit of three or four languages! I also hope to be a missionary someday, working with youth worldwide. While moving around all the time had its challenges, it gave me a hunger and excitement to see the world and to share the love of Christ everywhere I go. 

. That leads me to my next thing - Jesus Christ is my Lord and Savior. I asked him to come into my heart when I was about three years old, and since then have been trying to learn more about him and who he has called me to be. My favorite Bible verse is Exodus 14:14; Exodus is also my all-time favorite book, and one of my biggest dreams is to give a message at the Passion conference someday.

. My coffee order is a lavender-vanilla iced latte! And no, it doesn't taste like soap!

. Plants and handwritten letters are the way to my heart. (I'm secretly a little old plant lady :)

. I've never had a boyfriend, and one of my biggest prayers is that my first boyfriend would become my husband. 

. The last book I read was "Mere Christianity" by C.S Lewis, and while I've been meaning to read it for a while, a friend recently convinced me to just sit and read it. They're a bit of a C.S Lewis fan and questioned how I was a Christian homeschooled kid and had never read it! :) As for now, I am currently re-reading my favorite book of all time - Ella Enchanted by Gail Carson Levine.

. I'm a theater kid at heart and got to see my first broadway show this past December! I've now seen Anastasia, Hadestown, and Hamilton. I plan on seeing Wicked and Into the Woods before this year is over!

. I am a sophomore at Southeastern University, Grace Family Church. I'm working my way towards a bachelor's in Ministerial Leadership - Biblical Studies. This means that I love to study the Bible, learn theology terms, and get into debates with Jehovah's Witnesses. (No, I'm not joking)

. And lastly, I LOVE WRITING! I started this blog back in middle school as a way to stay connected with friends, and I'll warn you now - I use Grammarly for everything now. I didn't back in middle school, so don't go and read my first few posts. Anyhoo, writing is a way to share what I'm learning, the adventures that I've been on, and the things I hope to encourage others with. I'm SO GLAD that you're here, joining me for the adventure. 


I love you guys, and I can't wait to see what the rest of this year holds!

Your friend, Sav 

Comments

Popular Posts