Taking the Test

7/3/2019

Taking tests. Most of us don't enjoy taking them. I personally haven't had to take a ton of school-related tests throughout my life. Your typical end of the school-year exam, sure! Your weekly quiz, absolutely great! But in all honesty, I haven't had to do any in-class tests so far. (Not including my two piano competitions that I've done)

But I had my first "traditional" test this morning... and in all honesty, it wasn't a great experience.
I went to get my learner's permit this morning with my mom and I was super excited about it! I took the Drug and Alcohol abuse course online and that went great!! I simply asumed that the Basic Knowledge Test I'd have to take on sight would be based mostly on the things I had studied already.

False!

I was flying - or rather, driving - blind, once I arrived at the DMV office. You're probably thinking, "Savannah! What were you doing? You're supposed to research and study for weeks before you take a test!" Yes, I was super I'll prepared on what I was being tested on. It was partially my fault, and partially my driver's ed classes fault (Aceable.com, I'm looking at you)


But hey! A lesson learned the hard way. It came along with disappointment, a little embarrassment (crying in front of all the people in the waiting room definitely wasn't the highlight of my day), more studying to come so that I can get the test right at the end of this week, and an encouraging text from a friend over-seas that totally made my day


It did get me thinking though. We as humans, as children of God, and as missionaries are given tests every day. Some may seem little, and some may seem like the hardest test you'll ever take. A small test being; deciding if you're going to disobey your parents by watching that movie you're not supposed to. A big test being; the story of Job. A guy completely on fire for God, who was allowed to lose everything to see if he would be faithful when faced with trials.

But thankfully - by the grace of God -, he gives us all the studying tools, all the tips and tricks, and all the hints for acing the tests in front of us.

For example;

You're contemplating doing something that you shouldn't and you can't seem to figure out if it's wrong or not, the bible has a hundred different study tools to ace that test and to help you overcome the temptation to fall into sin. (1 Corinthians 10:13, James 1:13, James 4:7)

Another example;

You feel like you're in the middle of a test and you're beginning to think that God has completely left the room? You think that he's left you to go through it all on your own? Not true! the bible says;

Know therefore that the Lord your God is God; he is the faithful God, keeping his covenant of love to a thousand generations of those who love him and keep his commandments.
Deuteronomy 7:9

Also, look at 1 John 4:9, Jeremiah 29:11, Psalm 119:90.

I know this is a long blog post, and some of you might be board of me by the time you finish it. But I hope that this encourages you to realize that you're never alone in a test. And God isn't going to let you go through a test without giving you all the material (a.k.a the Bible) to study first! It's now up to you to decide if you're going to use the study tools.

Your friend, who is now going to study for my learner's permit test,
Savannah








Comments

Popular Posts