My Buddy Thor


Hey guys! How are you all doing? I’m so close to reaching my goal of one blog post a week during this month!!! Don’t get me wrong, I love writing to all you guys, but sometimes it’s difficult when I feel like I have nothing to write about.

Yesterday and today haven’t been the easiest of days for me! Most of you guys know about my golden retriever, Thor. He’s been my buddy for almost four years, his birthday was on November 22nd, he turned four (in human years), and he’s traveled across the ocean twice! He’s such a loving boy, he’s the best dog ever, and he gives the best kisses!

Well, recently after praying about it, a lot, my family decided that it would be best to give him to some of our really close family friends. We recently found out that one of my sibling’s number one allergies are dogs, and they were just miserable ever since we moved to Florida. Guys, I dreaded the day that I would have to give him to a different family. Lost of tears have been cried and I’m sure there are more to come... but thankfully I’ve been pretty busy so I haven’t been able to dwell on it much!

This morning was sad when I woke up and he wasn’t outside my door waiting for me. When I got home from church a moment of “Oh, I need to take Thor on a walk,” only to realize that I didn’t. Even as I write this I’m trying by best not to get my phone covered in tears. But I know that this is the best thing for my boy! He’s now living with a family who has a puppy named “Buddy”. Thor and him have been playing together ever since we moved her, and I’m so excited for him that now he has another sibling to play with!

Sorry, this post is kinda sad. And it doesn’t really have a happy ending. But let me try to encourage you guys. I know to quite a few of you giving away a dog isn’t really something to cry over, but it means a lot to me. Sometimes unexpected things happen to us. Sometimes it’s things that only we understand at the time. We’re completely blindsides and hurt. But let me tell you that God has a plan no matter what! Honestly I have no clue how giving my dog to a new family is part of the plan God has, but I know that it’s part of it!

Guys, God has has a plan. He loves you. And I’m praying for you guys! Every single one of us has something that we’re struggling with or have struggled with, but God’s in control.

Colossians 3:15
“Let the peace of Christ rule in your hearts, since as members of one body you were called to peace. And be thankful.”
‭‭
Your friend,
Savy

Comments

Popular Posts