My October Recap!





Hey guys!! How have you been doing lately?
It’s been a little bit since my last blog post, so thought I’d do a little recap of my month. It’s been an AMAZING one!!!

First off I’ve been reffing flag-football on base for the last couple of weekends. The season ends next week, and it will be a huge relief. I’ve been reffing the 5-7 year old league, I’ve loved watching my little brother Joshua (who’s 6) play every weekend, but running around in the heat early in the morning every Saturday has been a hassle!


I’ve been leading worship every Sunday morning in the ZONE and I could not love it more!!! Since I’ve been going for a few a months now I have multiple kids who remember me and give me hugs every week! It always makes my day to see them and to be able to be their small group leader! I normally lead the 1st and 2nd graders and I love teaching them more about the bible and hearing about all the things going on in their lives!


One of my most exciting things that happened this month was FROZEN JR!!!
For some of you who don’t know, I’ve been involved in a  theater, dance, and music school called Dearmon C.A.S.T, and I’m part of the show choir! This past week we had our annual fundraiser (my first show with this company) and it was INCREDIBLE!!! We had four shows between Thursday and Saturday and I was really sad when it was over! The other actors, singers, and dancers were all insanely talented and were all really nice to me even though I’m the “new girl!”
The costumes were gorgeous, the music was amazing, and Frozen was a super fun show to put on! I loved seeing little girls coming to the shows in Elsa and Anna costumes!!


But, I think that my favorite part of the entire production week was Saturday morning! I got my costume on and headed to the music/dance room at the theater to find one of the music teachers and a few of the students leading worship. Before we knew it the entire room as full with almost the entire company! We just sang and worshiped for half an hour, completely spontaneously, before our first show! It was such a God moment and it gave us a great start to our two show day!!

And last but not least... Fall Bash!!! My youth group, United at South Tampa, put on a big fall party this past Wednesday, and it was 80s themed! My family went thrifting before hand to find our costumes, I found a plaid jacket that has shoulder pads!! It was awesomeness!!!! I got to lead worship with our awesome band, so I got to the church early to see all our leaders dressed in all sorts of crazy costumes. A few of them dressed as Ninja Turtles, some as Golden Girls, and some in neon 80s garb! It was crazy! The night was so much fun! We played dodge ball, ate lots of popcorn, decorated pumpkins, and just enjoyed being together!!!


This month has been crazy! But it’s been so much fun! Next month is going to be awesome too! Today is my half-birthday, my show choir has a lot of rehearsing to do before we preform in December, and, of course, we have Thanksgiving at the end of the month!

What are you guys looking forward to in November?

This month my goal is to write one blog post a week, so stay tuned! It’s going to be fun!!

Love you guys,
Savannah

Comments

Popular Posts