A Little Bit about Me


Hey guys, it’s Savy!!
How has your November been so far? I know that it's only the 9th as of now, but this month has already been one of my favorites from this entire year! And I have a feeling that the next couple of weeks are going to be pretty great too.

So, I realized that I haven't really done a formal "get to know me" blog post yet, (and I haven't come up with any other blog post ideas lately) so I thought that I'd tell you guys a little bit about me!
Here are 10 facts about me and my life! Let me know how many of these things we have in common:

1. I'm 16 (and a half) years old, I have four younger siblings, and I'm homeschooled! That's kinda three in one, but those are some of the basic things about me! Yes, I've always been homeschooled, and no, I don't do my school in pajamas.
I thought that people always meant that as a joke... apparently not! :) I actually had a girl ask me this week if I get dressed and do my hair every day!? I was like, "uh yeah!"

2. I asked Jesus into my heart when I was 3 years old! My mom and dad have always been phenomenal about teaching me and my sibling to love and serve God with our gifts, talents, and hearts! I was baptized when I was 6 years-old, but I rededicated my life to him in 6th grade!

3. I lived in Germany for 5 years of my life! Most of you guys know this about me because I write about it so much, but it will forever be one of the best parts of my life! No, I don't speak perfect German, but I speak it about 65 percent fluently!

4. I have a dog named Thor! He's a three-year-old golden retriever, and yes, he's named after the MARVEL character Thor. I didn't watch the Thor movies untill almost two years after we got him, but my dad had seen the first one, and that's where we got the inspiration for his name! He's my baby, and I love him so much!!!

5. I was born into a military family. My dad joined the military before I was born, so being moving around the world, constantly making new friends, and going on countless adventures has kinda been ingrained into be since I was a baby. Not all of it has been picture perfect. Countless deployments, Daddy being away on trips, and lots of talking on the phone or over FaceTime has been a huge part of my life. But my family couldn't be any tighter, and I wouldn't change anything about my childhood!

6. I'm a worship leader! I've been leading worship since about 7th grade, it was just me, a piano, and my tiny youth group worshiping God. Since then I've lead for a PWOC retreat, countless youth groups, multiple Sunday morning services, and now at my church as a leader for our children's ministry!

7. I've played five different sports (in terms of a full season, on a team). Basketball is my all time favorite, but flag football is a close second! The other sports I've done are Volleyball, Soccer, and Track. I ran the 200, 400, and the 4x2 meter dashes, along with throwing the shotput! That was quite the adventure!

8. Some of my current favorite things are: Sweatshirts, polaroid pictures, any song by Riley Clemmons or the band Coin, and the show Green House academy on Netflix!

9. I've traveled to six different countries! My favorites being Germany (duh), Italy, the UK, and France! When I was younger I had a dream to go to Paris, it might have been from watching the movie Anastasia, but my Dad primised me that he'd take me someday. Well, I got to go for my 9th and 16th birthdays and both were incredible! I don't think that five-year-old Savannah would have dreamed to visit France twice, let alone live a few hours away!

10. When I get my own house (a long, long time from now) I want to have my own library! Ever since I was tiny I’ve LOVED reading. Currently I have three bookshelves that I’ve filled up, and I’m getting ready to but another one! If I could have a wish granted, I’d for sure want a library like Belle from Beauty and the Beast!!

Well, that’s ten! I hope that you learned a little bit about me, and found a few things that we have in common!! Next week I’ll have another blog post up, as long as I can get my computer to work :) Wish me luck!

Your friend,
Savannah











Comments

Popular Posts