My First Piano Competition!

I have been playing piano since I was around five, I have taken A few breaks in between moves and teachers moving but over all I have been playing for eight years!!!

A few weeks ago I had my very first competition, I was beyond nervous, it was at a small college about a half an hour away from my house, my teacher was one of the officiant, and their were a ton of kids!



In this competition you aren't going against anyone but yourself , you have to take two test, an aural test, and an written theory test, and then you preform three songs for a single judge in private, the highest you can get is Honors, and then Achievement, then a fail, there are 13 levels beginner, and then 1 - 13!




On both my tests I received Honors, and on my playing I received 85% or something like that, which is Achievement, but playing three songs was super hard, you where thinking of the song you where playing, but getting mixed up with the two other songs you are playing!



Over all I did great, my family, and teacher where so proud of me, I look forward to the next years competition!!

Love ~ Savannah

Life is like a piano!:



Comments

Popular Posts